Monterey Regional Airport (IATA: MRY, ICAO: KMRY, FAA LID: MRY) is three miles (5 km) southeast of Monterey, in Monterey County, California, United States. It was created in 1936 and was known as the Monterey Peninsula Airport until the board of directors renamed it on September 14, 2011. The airport is owned by the municipalities that make up the Monterey Peninsula Airport District. It is a public entity and its five-member board of directors is publicly elected. The airport has its origins with flights from the polo field of the Hotel Del Monte in 1910. In 1941 local communities formed the Monterey Peninsula Airport District and acquired land to build an airport. World War II intervened, and the U. S. Navy leased the land, opening Naval Auxiliary Air Station Monterey on May 23, 1943. The Navy remained at the airport until 1972.
|Contact Number:||+1 831-648-7000|
|Airport Address:||200 Fred Kane Dr #200, Monterey, CA 93940, United States|