Toledo Express Airport, officially Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport (IATA: TOL, ICAO: KTOL, FAA LID: TOL), is a civil-military airport in Swanton and Monclova townships 10 mi (16 km) west of Toledo in western Lucas County, Ohio. It opened in 1954-55 as a replacement to then Toledo Municipal Airport southeast of Toledo. TOL is near the crossing of State Route 2 and the Ohio Turnpike (Interstate 80/Interstate 90, exit 52). TOL is used by passenger and cargo airlines, general aviation, and is home to the Ohio Air National Guard’s 180th Fighter Wing. The airport is a secondary airport for Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) and the surrounding region, including as a primary diversion point for DTW. The airport is operated by the Toledo Lucas County Port Authority on a lease agreement from the City of Toledo. The airport also serves as headquarters and ground cargo hub for BX Solutions. Through the 1980s and 1990s the airport saw considerable airline service with as many as seven airlines at any given time operating over 40 flights per day to fourteen destinations. Traffic peaked in 1997 then began a downfall as many passengers began driving to nearby Detroit Metropolitan Airport, a major hub airport. By 2011 all but two airlines had discontinued service. Traffic bottomed out in 2012 then began a slow growth. In 2015 Toledo Express recorded its third straight year of passenger growth reaching 179,911. In 2018, buoyed by growing service to and from Charlotte, air travel through Toledo Express Airport increased by more than 22 percent for its sixth straight year of growth. Total passenger service reached 241,299 passengers in 2018. The airport was officially renamed to honor retired NASA flight director and Toledo native Gene Kranz in September 2020.
|Contact Number:||+1 419-865-2351|
|Airport Address:||11013 Airport Hwy, Swanton, OH 43558, United States|